Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Australian Coffee invades the US

In the wide world of coffee, I would not expect Australia to be a major influence.  How then to explain Starbucks' recent addition of the Australian "Flat White" to its drink line up?  This is from their press release - "Starbucks today introduced a new core espresso offering with the launch of the Flat White handcrafted espresso beverage, available at participating Starbucks® stores in the US and Canada.  Since originating in Australia in the 1980s, the Flat White became a coffeehouse staple in the UK and is now a budding favorite among coffee aficionados in the United States and Canada."

I'm a little upset about this, as I will no longer feel like a smug world traveler when ordering a coffee in Australia, as I can now get a Flat White anywhere.  I won't even have to translate the coffee options!

No comments:

Post a Comment