Monday, March 10, 2014

Seven Deadly Meals in One Weekend

Do I like to cook? Yes! Do I like to eat? YES! Do I like to spend time with other people who like to cook and eat?  Of course I do.  And that is why my Aussie husband and I spent a long weekend away recently, with a dozen other like-minded people, in a rented house chosen for just such a purpose.  It was in the middle of nowhere, with nothing to do except cook, eat, drink, repeat.
We actually had a theme for our meals - "The Seven Deadly Sins" - and everyone did their best to represent Pride, Envy, Gluttony, Lust, Wrath.  We ALL exhibited Greed, then Sloth after each meal.  It was a very extravagant weekend, with food such as Beef Wellington,  foie gras, and caviar on tiny little quail eggs.

















And of course, desserts.  We had beautiful chocolate-dipped strawberries, an insanely rich and delicious 2-tiered chocolate mouse with a perfect meringue on the side.  And Port and Sherry and Madeira to drink with those lovely desserts.













We are already planning next year's weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment