Monday, August 19, 2013

Feeling Eggistential…



So my cheese-making “Green Acres” friend invited us over to her mini farm for dinner al fresco, overlooking her pastures and barn.  It was a lovely view and a lovely meal, and as evening descended she invited us to come with her out to the barn to put the chickens away for the night.  When she first got her 2 chickens, I was convinced more livestock was on the horizon.  I was sure it was going to be goats, but as the months passed I realized that she was not going to get some just because I thought she should.  Pout.   
As we walked into the barn I asked if there might be some eggs that we could take home, not being sure if her 2 ladies were laying regularly or not.  She laughed and said she should have plenty, and then I saw why.  She now has a dozen chickens, taking up 2 stalls in the barn and laying eggs all over the place.   Score!  These are probably the most pampered chickens I will ever see, and I think it shows in the very tasty eggs we brought home.  I think the goats can wait.

2 comments:

  1. I have often thought of getting chickens. Tom ssys they're too messy....pout. I'm glad you were able to get some delicious eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have 4 (soon to be 5!) cartons to give you to pass to your friend...

    ReplyDelete