Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I am a Night Market Junkie



I have a new obsession in my life – Asian Night Markets.  Thanks to some random mention on a TV program, I learned about the massive 626 market in the Los Angeles area, (food on a stick!) and from then on I was hooked.    We just got back from the Vancouver BC area where we ate our way through the Richmond Night Market, sampling things like spicy pork tongue and kimchi nachos.  These markets are set up several weekends throughout the summer and draw huge crowds to their lineups of both food and shopping tents.  Seattle is trying to break in to that scene, but the Night Market that was organized here was a once a year thing with a whole lot of food trucks.  Which is not a bad thing, but it just doesn’t compare.   The ones on L.A. and Richmond BC make me want to go back to Hong Kong, or even better, Singapore.  I’m going to start trying to convince my Aussie husband that it is time for another trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment